Our Strategic Vision
We are focused on operating as a more sustainable business. This is to ensure that we take a long-term view of the business, including our environmental performance, alongside our social impact while delivering an exceptional customer experience to everyone who interacts with Countryside.
Strategic priority: Sector-leading growth
We aim to deliver sector-leading growth from our mixed-tenure delivery in Partnerships and develop our industry-leading land bank in Housebuilding.
- Growth in sites under construction and open sales outlets
- Accelerated build from mixed-tenure delivery
- Private selling prices set to target areas of strongest demand
- Geographic and organic growth of Partnerships
- Revenue growth from increased volume
Returns: Superior return on capital
Our ambition is to deliver superior returns through leveraging our low capital Partnerships division and improving operational efficiency through greater scale in our Housebuilding division.
- Focus on improving gross margin over the medium term
- Improved operational efficiency from greater scale
- Use of modular panel construction to increase asset turn
- Lower capital model in Partnerships to deliver higher returns
- Agile model allows flexibility through the cycle, protecting returns
Resilience: through the cycle performance
Our strategy is to maintain a position of financial strength while growing the business and generating superior returns, through the cycle, by focusing on mixed-tenure delivery, particularly within Partnerships.
- Increased focus on Partnerships allows for greater flexibility
- Mixed-tenure development, with private, PRS and affordable homes
- Prudent balance sheet with managed level of gearing
- Flexible strategic land bank based on options
- Strong pipeline of future Partnerships work which underpins growth
Sustainability: taking a long-term view of our business
Our strategy is to deliver the right solutions for our partners and customers with a responsible and sustainable approach that creates a positive legacy.
- New developments created with our placemaking expertise focused on long-term positive outcomes
- Experts at regeneration and working closely with communities
- Record of incremental environmental impact reduction and social value generation
- Strong culture of ethical and responsible decision making