Top 10 facts about Base
The latest addition to the thriving new development of Newhall, in Harlow, Base represents an exciting opportunity to become a part of a still-growing neighbourhood, which brings together traditional community values with a contemporary way of life. Here, we round-up our ten favourite facts about this exceptional new urban destination.
- A focus on culture: Since its inception as a new town in the 1940s, Harlow has established itself as a supremely popular location, and is perhaps now best known as the home of a living gallery of 84 sculptures created by some of the world’s most prominent artists, including Henry Moore, Auguste Rodin and Barbara Hepworth.
- A new take on new neighbourhoods: The late Sir Frederick Gibberd, the architect who planned the new town of Harlow after the Second World War, divided the town into distinct neighbourhoods, with Newhall considered the most modern and innovative of all.
- A place with heart and soul: The creators of Newhall, landowners Jon and William Moen, took inspiration from the atmospheric streets of Bath, Florence, Oxford and Venice to create a unique new neighbourhood – based on the principles of nature, colour, distinctiveness, future flexibility and expansive public realm.
- Countryside makes a comeback: Base marks housebuilder, Countryside’s, return to this exceptional urban village following the award-winning success of its previous development in the area, Abode.
- A breath of fresh air: With up to 40% of the new neighbourhood being preserved as open space, homes will be no more than 60 metres from parkland or greenery.
- The world is your oyster: Base is conveniently located just 3 miles from the M11 motorway and 7 miles from the M25, meaning both London and Cambridge are within quick and easy reach. Harlow Town station is a ten-minute drive away, with trains to London Liverpool Street station taking just 30 minutes, and under 30 minutes to Stansted Airport.
- In the heart of the action: With a fantastic lifestyle offering in nearby Harlow, residents at Base will also enjoy a host of amenities on the doorstep – Countryside is creating a new central plaza, set to offer a great range of shops, as well as a library, health centre and sporting facilities.
- Award-winning architecture: Last year, Base was awarded a Harlow Architectural Design Award, applauded for its range of building sizes and heights, interesting treatment of the brickwork and how front doors, windows and garages are positioned in slightly different ways – yet all come together to create a conceptually cohesive urban design.
- Interiors design for 21st century life: Each home offers the flexibility needed for modern lifestyles, with adaptable, open-plan spaces creating the ideal environment for each residents’ needs, and rooms boasting an abundance of natural light from large feature windows.
- Fantastic incentives available: To help get you moving, we are currently offering a range of financial incentives on selected plots – make sure you don’t miss out.
At Base, there’s a range of one-bedroom apartments and three and four-bedroom houses on offer, with prices from £219,995. Visit www.basenewhall.co.uk to find out more.