Nine Ways To Get Ready Now, To Move After Lockdown
With more time at home than ever before, why not use your time wisely to get your home ready to put on the market and research your ideal new home. By getting all of the decorating, cleaning and gardening jobs done now, you could have your property looking its very best for estate agents to value and potential buyers to view as soon as the time is right.
Here are my tips to help:
- Get your home summer ready - spring clean, jet wash the patio, tidy up the garden and complete any unfinished DIY jobs. Also re-decorate in neutral colours to create a blank canvas, which will help potential buyers to picture themselves living there.
- Look on property portals - such as Rightmove and Zoopla to see what else is already on the market in your area and what has recently been sold, so you can get a good feel for the approximate value of your existing home.
- Do your research – where do you want to move to and what are the schools, amenities and transport facilities like? Use websites like Property Detective and the government’s school comparison site.
- Look online – to find the prominent estate agents in your area, so you know who to talk to when the time is right. If you want some advice, we can give you a steer as we already work with many of the local agents.
- Get your finances in order – speak to a mortgage broker and ask about your mortgage options and the documents you’ll need to submit an application. We can help by putting you in touch with some independent brokers who are well versed with this.
- Make use of virtual viewings – search online for your new home and get in touch for a virtual viewing. Our Sales Consultants are still available to help with virtual or social distanced physical viewings, brochures, floor plans and help answer all your detailed property questions.
- Get help with selling – find out if your developer of choice offers an assisted move scheme, whereby they’ll help you sell your existing home and pay the agent’s fees. We offer this on all of our developments, so contact us if you want to find out more.
- Technology check – ensure your new home has good mobile reception and broadband. You can check out the current internet speed at uSwitch’s broadband speed test. Many of our new homes benefit from an ultra-fast fibre connection as standard.
- Work out the monthly costs – gain an insight into future monthly outgoings. Zoopla has a Running Costs tool which includes information about bills, including water, council tax and energy. Don’t forget, all our new homes come with energy efficient appliances and a smart meter, which help you to monitor your usage and run your home efficiently.
Ready to find your dream new home? Click here to start the search now!
I hope you stay safe and well, and look forward to welcoming you back to our development when our Show Homes and Marketing Suites re-open in the near future.
Sales & Marketing Director
Housebuilding East Region