First time buyer
The good news, however, is that we have helped thousands of buyers purchase their first homes, and we can help you too.
We have a range of affordable new homes specifically designed for first-time buyers. What’s even better is that they come with an exceptionally high specification, meaning there will be no hidden costs to think about after you move in.
Meanwhile, the Government’s Help to Buy scheme makes it easier than ever to secure a deposit, so you may be on the property ladder sooner than you think.
Buying your first home
There is so much to think about as a first-time buyer.
Not only do you need to find a big enough deposit, you also need to think about what type of mortgage you will get, and how you will boost your chances of getting accepted.
When thinking about buying your first home, first have a think about:
- Whether a mortgage is right for you. Consider whether you will be able to make the repayments on the amount you wish to borrow, or saving up a little while longer.
- How much deposit you have. This will affect both how much you can borrow, and the interest rate you can borrow at.
- Boosting your chances of getting approved. These days, getting a mortgage doesn’t just involve having a deposit…it requires a good credit score too. And if you are self-employed, there may be other requirements to show how much you earn.
- The type of mortgage to choose. This will affect how and when your mortgage is paid off.
- The extra fees. Mortgaging can add additional fees on top of the cost of buying a home.
Luckily, you don’t need to feel overwhelmed. We have a team of experienced advisors on hand, ready to answer any questions you may have and make buying your first home a smooth experience.
Making your move as simple as possible
As well as guiding you through the full home buying process, our experienced and helpful sales team can put you in contact with recommended mortgage brokers and independent solicitors, who can help you with your purchase and make your move as simple as possible.
Our brokers and solicitors will also talk with you about your specific circumstances, and help you find the best mortgage package and interest rate for you. These experts are completely independent, with no affiliation to any lending institution, so you can be sure the advice they give is reliable and non-biased.